AREA MANAGER ROLE
This privately owned Group consists of 3 successful care homes (68 beds total, Radstock (nr Bath), Exeter, Exmouth).
The group is looking to expand in 2018. As such, we are looking to hire an Area Manager to maintain senior oversight of the 3 care homes and take on further care homes as the group grows.
The area manager is responsible for:
- Conducting weekly / fortnightly audits of the care homes and preparing the reports for the Provider
- Working with the Provider / home managers to formulate new strategies to improve and implementing these changes with the rest of management
- Reviews of rotas / bills before payment occurs (payment itself is managed by the Providers)
- Ensuring compliance with CQC regulation and group policies - through audits of the homes
- Development of new paperwork / systems - in conjunction with the Provider
- Supporting Home Managers in enabling organisational change
- Should managers become unavailable - Providing stand-in management support at the homes they cover
The Care Manager will have the following skills:
- An ability to work on your own initiative and organise your time - e.g. balancing time between the homes and across multiple initiatives that may be in play at the same time
- A recognised problem-solver - to identify problems early on, mentor, train, support and assess the homes and implement sensible ways to improve
- Understand the running of care services - from a management perspective
- Decent computer skills (word documents, emails, basic Microsoft office)
- Driving licence & vehicle - and willingness to travel to Radstock (Somerset), Exmouth and Exeter (Devon)
What can we offer you?
- An extremely competitive salary - £40k p/a plus £10k p/a performance-related bonus (paid in 2 halves every 6 months)
- Mileage allowance
- A chance to have a real impact on an already successful care home group
- Continuous feedback on performance and ways to improve your skills (the Provider believes in working in a collaborative, positive work environment)
- 8am-4pm - Monday to Friday - based in Exeter
This role would suit someone who has experience in running care homes. For example, they may have previously worked as a home manager or care manager.
To apply send a covering letter & CV by email
£40,000.00 - £50,000.00 per year
RESIDENTIAL HOMES - SOUTH WEST BASED
PAYING £40k WITH £10k BONUSES
Apply to Emma Mansell at Recruitment Panda on 0161 914 5722 or firstname.lastname@example.org