• Older People |
• Older Persons Mental Health
|Pay:||4000049999GBP£45000 - £50000 per annum|
|Location:||Rotherham, South Yorkshire, EnglandS60 1TG|
Sam credits his affinity for the care sector to his Granny, who passed away in 2016 after a five year battle with Dementia.
What is the definition of a Nursing Home?
"Nursing homes are a type of residential care that provide around-the-clock nursing care for elderly people. Twenty-four-hour nursing care is available. Nursing homes will provide short-term rehabilitative stays following a surgery, illness or injury which may require physical therapy, occupational therapy or speech-language therapy. Nursing homes offer other services such as planned activities and daily housekeeping services. Nursing homes may also be referred to as convalescent care, skilled nursing or a long-term facility. Nursing homes may offer memory care services or have a separate area specified for memory care."
Hands up if you already knew this.
Now what is the definition of an Outstanding Nursing Home?
I bet lots of you could have a good bash at answering that and if so, it's you I would like to hear from.
My client are a family run nursing & residential home with a tremendous heritage. Originally invited by the local authority to take on the home, 20 years later and the owner is himself retired; but still as committed to public service as ever.
So what do you need to be the right fit for this post?
1. You must be a nurse, RGN or RMN with bags of elderly care experience
2. You must be a good leader, QCF5 qualified or equivalent
3. You must have proven your ability to lead clinically
4. You must not be a business person (no EBITDAR or P&L reporting required from you here)
5. You must be a committed manager
6. You must be up to date in terms of CQC care standards and be prepared to drive a bit of positive change
So that's it. A golden little opportunity with the potential to become permanent if you're that way inclined.
Please apply for full details.
Thanks for reading and we look forward to helping you explore this and other options.